Summer Internship Program(SIP) provides the student with practical work experience and learning experience in both corporate and social sector. It strives to equip the students with more effective techniques, better decision making abilities, instill in them the vigour of approach of productivity, excellence and innovation. It exposes the students to opportunities of real life application of management concepts learnt in classroom, ad help the student to develop innovative target oriented solutions to major problems faced by the organisation and address strategy formulation as well as operational and functional problems. The students will be the part of the organisation after completing their third term.
Some of the projects done by the students of 2011-13 batch during their SIP are
1. Developing Market Entry Strategy.
2. Competitor Analysis.
3. Market Research.
4. Impact Assessment of Various Government Programs.
5. Business Development Strategy.
6. Preparation of District Level Plans.
7. Loan Portfolio Assessment for Small & Marginal Farmers.
8. Service Delivery Model for Rural Financial Services.
9. Rural Marketing Campaign Designing.
Summer Internship Procedure
The Summer Internship Recruitment Program is an ongoing process that will commence around the month September and goes till the month of February. Reputed organisations from social and corporate sector are invited during this period to carry out their recruitment processes. Recruitment usually happens through CV short listing followed by telephonic interview or Video Conferencing. Organisations also show interest to visit the campus and conduct interviews.
It should be noted that:
1. An offer for an internship will be considered valid only if the Placement Office receives written communication of the same. Offers made verbally or over the telephone will not be considered valid.
2. If a student is made an offer, then he/she is obliged to accept it and will not be permitted to sit for interviews with other companies.
3. Appointment letters for selected students must be sent (in duplicate) to the Placement Office, within 20 days of the offer being made on campus.
4. The company concerned will be informed as soon as the student concerned signs in his/her acceptance.