Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
A Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
On Discourse and Text Analysis
Venue: Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
Dates: July 5-6, 2014
Key Resource Person: Bernard McKenna http://www.business.uq.edu.au/staff/details/bernard-mckenna
Associate Professor Bernard McKenna,
The University of Queensland Business School, Australia
1. Discourse and Text: Analysis and Interpretation
2. What is Critical Discourse Theory (CDA)
3. Organizations and Discourse
4. Textual Analysis
5. Leximancer (The widely used used software, Leximancer, will be outlined as a method of inductive analysis at a textual or discursive level.)
6. Narrative Theory in Discourse Studies
Duration of the Programme: Total nine hours (Six sessions of 90 minutes)
· To elaborate on the importance of discourse and text analysis in the context of management studies.
· To introduce pathways through which participants can understand the art of using discourse and text analysis
· To provide skills for carrying out analysis with the help of Leximancer.
Who Should Attend
· Academicians interested in qualitative research
· Fellow/Ph.D. students of Management
· 5000 INR* for students
· 10000 INR* for Faculty members
Maximum of 20 seats are available for the programme.
Last Date of Registration: June 30, 2014.
For Registration please contact:
For any academic enquiry please contact: Prof. Sandip Anand or Ms. Alora Kar at email@example.com
* This is a non-residential programme. Fee covers only the cost of training.
Those requiring accommodation should make a special request to MDP office. Services Tax as applicable.